As I finished writing my research paper I sat back and felt the weight of the world lift from my shoulders. I have never told my story before and looking at it now I see so many aspects left out. But I wanted to keep my paper objective and in that left out the inner growth I have experienced along with my own transformation. Though faith is a very important element, it is by no means the only one, and being that faith relies upon something bigger than us, I left it alone in favor of empirical evidence and observation.
And as I reflect on what more I could do I stop and seriously ponder the plight of the mentally ill. I cannot help but wonder how many children are in the system because of a missed diagnoses. As I prepare my final version, tweaking parts and awaiting verifications from others, I think of future projects I could do to help create awareness but I must remain focused on being an active force in the creation of a Disabilities Study program that could be included in college curriculum. I feel very strongly in that.
On the subject of faith I have but a few words to say, we each have a relationship with the universe in whatever format of worship that may be, but in the end it does no good if we do not help our fellow human to achieve their fullest potential.
No comments:
Post a Comment